Monday, November 24, 2008

Handguns and Heartaches

Apparently, John the roommate, thinks somebody was shot in the neighborhood the other night. He heard a gunshot, lots of screaming, saw lots of people running and then lots of cops showing up. All signs would lead me to believe this is what happened as well. The second time in two weeks cops have been called to the same house across the creek. The second time they've been in the neighborhood with guns drawn...

Before talking with my roommate last night, I've been thinking about purchasing a handgun to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights. I've got three picked out, now I just need to decide which one I want to get. Here's the three I have picked out. I'm going to list them in my order of top to bottom.

Springfield 1911




Springfield XD 45



Glock 23


The Glock I saw at Cabela's has the Glock Flashlight attached to it. It is about the same price as the other two, and they are all right around $530.

Both Springfield's are .45's and the glock is a .40.

The one thing I don't like about the 1911 is there is no rail system to attach a light to. I can't come up with any reason why I would ever need that, but it would be nice to have in case it is ever needed.

Other than that, I'm kind of at a loss for which one I'm going with. The 1911 has so much history in those pistols. They are battle proven and reliable.

Anyways, if you have any questions, comments, concerns or emotional outbursts, let me know.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

what did you decide?