Sunday, December 13, 2009

NC barely

Well, I made it to NC. I left in the middle of a blizzard. There was 10 inches of snow on the ground for the entire drive across WI. It was pretty unnerving. I followed semi-trucks. That helped. They cleared a little path for my tires. It was definitely rough going. I stopped for gas and the attendant warned they were closing I-94. That wasn't a good thing to hear. I needed as much time as possible on the road. Just in case the weather was bad the whole way down here. I made it to I-39 south, in no less than eight hours. It was pretty damn terrible. I wasn't happy at all.

I got up after sleeping for two hours and started back on the trek. I was only on the road for about an hour before I managed to slide the truck sideways. I was going from the left lane, across an overpass and onto the on-ramp as I tried to regain control. Not really fun at all. The wind was blowing harder than I've felt. I was getting pushed all over the road.

As soon as I made it to the east side of Indianapolis the weather was perfect. Well, better than before.

I made it to OH, for a little sleep, but only got another 2.5 hours after I ate dinner and visited with the family. It was good to see them, especially right before the holidays. I should get to see them on my way home, too. Hopefully, this time I'll get to see Jesus in the lake. If you haven't seen it, you should really do yourself a favor and google it! It is awesome!

So far, it has been uneventful here in J-Actionville. It still sucks that's for sure. I went to the bar Friday night with friends and forgot how crappy everything is. The service is terrible and everybody thinks they're the king. Testosterone-charged drunk Marines is bad. I am amazed at how so many people can think they're so awesome in a room filled with peers. Oh well. I don't have that much longer to deal with them. It's only two weeks, and I'm home for Christmas.

No comments: