Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Month of Sundays

I was out golfing the other day, and I used the term "'coons age". My buddy says, "I've never heard that before." Which is mostly my fault because I had not used that phrase in a month of Sundays.

In other news, I have been working at Snap Social Media for the time being. I'm helping out with odds and ends until next week when I start my job as a corrections officer. I'll be working with the DOC at the St. Cloud facility. I'm mildly nervous about it. I have no idea what to expect. I mean, other than I'll be on the right side of the bars.

I've been hanging out with my little brother quite a bit lately. I took him to his first Twins game at Target Field. We went to get some food. In typical 8-year-old fashion, he wanted a pretzel with cheese, purple Gatorade and cotton candy. By the end of the sixth inning the kid was running up and down the aisles, wanting to go up to the concourse for fun and cheering for more cotton candy. The best, and worst, part of the night was when he started messing with the vendors. They would come by with their coolers filled with whatever was in there, and he would yell out he wanted something. They would look to see who said it. Meanwhile, he's hiding behind me.

We left before the game was over; before the Twins were able to blow the lead, too.

After that it was a crazy night. Who knew there was so much "culture" in Robbinsdale, MN. I know it wasn't Whizbang Days, but it was close.

We put tick repellant on Rock because we were pulling ticks off him before bed and first thing when we would wake up. Now the ticks are crawling on me. I've had so many that were just crawling around on me I can't shake the creepy crawly feeling. Bleh...

I don't know why, but the SyFy channel is constantly playing the original Star Trek movies. I have been watching so much William Shatner Imnearlytyping.... just.... likehim. Yeah, read it again.

I've also started posting pictures to this crazy little photo service called PicPlz. Talk about a fun way to manipulate photos to make them look terrible.

My brother and I did a ride on our bikes the other day. I'm guessing his iPhone 4 has a better GPS than my Nexus One. But why wouldn't his work better. Google touted the Nexus One as the iPhone killer. It wasn't. So Google dropped support for it. Now, the only way to get customer support for it is by calling HTC. The hours for receiving customer support seem to only be when I don't call them. Every time I have called there was no answer. My phone has become the bastard child of every company who had anything to do with it.

Back to the ride, according to iPhone 4, we logged 24.28 miles. Our average pace was 3:40 per mile. According to Bastard Child One, we only accomplished 21.69 miles and our average pace was 4:05. This makes me question the accuracy of my phone's GPS. How many miles have I actually run, and what has been my real pace? I've been taking this whole running thing seriously this summer. I started blogging about it, but I wasn't keeping up with it. I'm still running, though. I'm just not telling everyone about it. I'll post whether or not I fail to reach my goal. I've got a lot of miles left, and time is running out faster than I thought it would. Oh well, that just means I have to start taking longer runs. I did a six mile run last week. It was the loop I had set as a goal. Well, mini-goal accomplished. Now, I just have to run it faster.

Well, Star Trek: The Motion Picture is starting. I'll be lost in space where no man has gone before for about two hours. Check back later.

No comments: